Boston, MA • Full-Time • Engineering
BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. We have recently raised a large Series A, we have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture. Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles, and we have a beautiful new office in Fort Point that we’re looking to fill with talented people. We're looking for software developers of all experience levels to join our team.
Who We Are
We build the platform that powers investor outreach and transparency for some of the biggest Municipal Bond Issuers in the U.S., helping them optimize their borrowing costs so they can put their resources to better use for things like schools, parks, roads, and more. To give our Issuers the best advantage we can, you'll tackle new and interesting challenges every day, and you'll continually explore ways that we can shape our platform even better than we do today. We're looking for driven, enthusiastic people who value precision and thoroughness in their work, and want to help future-proof our excellent work/life balance by keeping our software reliably world-class as it continues to evolve.
Cool mission: We’re in the business to help governments save money through technology.
BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment.
- Parse and structure thousands of issuer pdf documents to allow for easier data mining/extraction
- Code and build NLP models to parse issuer documents for investor-relevant information
- Create production systems to parse new documents in an automated fashion
- Advise product and engineering teams on use of text analysis for future product integrations
- Write production level code for practical application of data products
- Help define obligor cohorts to help issuers and investors with market wide benchmarks and research
- 3+ years experience in data engineering/data science
- Experience with making predictions and extracting insights from text data
- Practical knowledge of Python and its scientific libraries SciPy, Scikit, Pandas, and NumPy, with extensive knowledge of programming best practices
- Familiarity with common tools for NLP, especially NLTK and Word2Vec
- Solid foundation in machine learning models, processes, and theories, with the ability to evaluate different algorithmic approaches
- Specific knowledge of foundational techniques within NLP, such as text processing, document classification, sentiment analysis, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistics and probability (statistical inference, Bayesian statistics)
- Knowledge of municipal market/fixed income preferred
- Eye for data visualization and presentation of data-driven insights preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by BondLink with zero cost to employee
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of Oreos in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport