Junior Software Engineer
Boston, MA • Full-Time
BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. We have recently raised a large Series A, we have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture.
Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles, and we have a beautiful new office in Fort Point that we’re looking to fill with talented people.
Who We Are
- We are a small but growing team of engineers using advanced functional programming concepts to build a high quality and reliable product.
- On the backend, our core language is Scala. We take advantage of scalaz, a free monad based architecture, monadic logging, and more.
- On the frontend, we use TypeScript and jQuery, as well as functional libraries like Ramda.
- Other technologies we work with include MariaDB, SaltStack, Bootstrap, Git, and Docker.
Who You Are
- Familiar with the concepts above or eager to learn -- we are open and willing to teach strong candidates on the job.
- Interest in working on a small team and contributing to a well established but constantly evolving product.
- CS degree preferred, but significant experience can speak for itself.
- Local to Boston or happily willing to relocate. We are in Fort Point, a 5 minute walk from South Station.
- No financial industry knowledge required.
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help governments save money through technology. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by Bondlink with zero cost to employee.
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month.
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of Oreos in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport.