Senior Front End Software Engineer
Boston, MA • Full-Time • Engineering
BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. We have recently raised a large Series A, we have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture.
Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles, and we have a beautiful new office in Fort Point that we’re looking to fill with talented people.
Who We Are
- A small but growing team of engineers using functional programming concepts to build a high quality and reliable product.
- 100% dedicated to TypeScript for everything that runs in the browser and even things that don't!
- TypeScript is even used for our command line build processes (gulpfiles, webpack configs, etc.) via ts-node.
- Steadfast proponents of the FP-TS and React ecosystems.
about writing software in such a way that the compiler will spot
mistakes at compile time instead of discovering them at run time.
- In addition to leveraging the TypeScript and SCSS compilers / linters, we go so far as to write our own SASS / SCSS functions to fail at compilation time instead of simply returning "null" and discovering CSS issues at run time.
- Work hand in hand with our tech savvy design team to create truly living style guides with Storybook and our SCSS and React components.
Who You Are
- Familiar with the concepts above or eager to learn -- we are open and willing to teach strong candidates on the job.
- Must have an eye for detail and design.
- Take pride and satisfaction in seeing static designs come to life in the browser.
- Can work with both the server and client but lean more towards client side.
- Experience with TypeScript and/or other statically typed languages highly preferred.
- 4+ years professional experience with HTML 5, CSS 3 and/or SCSS/SASS/LESS
- Understand the differences between SVG, PNG, JPG, and custom font collections; and when to use which file format.
- Want to work with modern browsers. We only officially support the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and IE 11+.
- Interest in working on a small team and being involved in technological decisions that shape the evolution of our product.
- No financial industry knowledge required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help governments save money through technology. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by BondLink with zero cost to employee.
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month.
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of snacks and drinks in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport
At BondLink we recognize that diversity drives innovation and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply