Issuer Success Team - Investor Relations Associate
Boston, MA, US • Issuer Success
BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. After raising $10 million in our Series A fundraising in 2018, we have completed a $15 million Series B in May of 2021 that will further accelerate our team growth and product development. We have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture. Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering. Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles that we’re looking to share with talented people.
At BondLink we recognize that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to developing and supporting an inclusive and safe workplace. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Proficient using the BondLink platform’s products and tools.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and have direct responsibility for assisting with their IR.
- Lead onboarding of new clients, including developing game plans to build, launch and maintain investor relations sites on the BondLink platform.
- Develop best practices, product guides, videos and webinars to support our clients.
- Knowledgeable in municipal bond issuer IR, including an understanding of municipal credit and best practices.
- Interact with customers to evaluate and resolve their issues in a professional manner.
- Regularly communicate with high-ranking government officials across all levels and sizes of government.
- Gathering and analyzing investor data.
- Proactively work with clients to monitor their progress and results and provide recommendations to set them up for success.
- Work closely with other BondLink teams, including management, marketing, sales, and engineering and contribute to building and documenting internal operational processes.
- Document your discussions to help put processes in place for future interactions.
- Use modern software systems and tools as needed, such as Salesforce, Google Analytics and third-party databases.
- Build product demos to support the sales team.
What You’ll Bring
- This is an entry level position, but some level of professional experience is preferred, including internship or part-time work.
- A willingness to work hard while maintaining efficiency and attention to detail.
- Exemplary communication skills are a must – both verbal and written.
- Professional and positive personality, as well as the ability to have an empathetic understanding of a client’s concerns.
- The ability to quickly grasp the ins and outs of using the BondLink platform.
- Desire to work in a fast-moving startup culture.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of common tools like Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- College degree required.
- Must be local to Boston (not a remote position).
- No financial industry knowledge required, but you must have a strong ability and desire to learn the basics.
- This is a full-time position with commensurate salary. No recruiters please.
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help municipalities (states, cities, towns, schools, universities, public housing, etc.) save money through technology. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Our founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country;
- In May of 2021, the company announced a $15 million Series B round of financing led by Intercontinental Exchange, parent company to 12 regulated exchanges and marketplaces including the New York Stock Exchange as well as six clearing houses worldwide;
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation time, and flexible working hours
- 16 Hours of annual personal volunteer time to give back at organizations you love
- Annual Learning Allowance to contribute to your professional development
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by BondLink with zero cost to the employee
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Stock Options
We are currently 100% remote at this point in time. However, we do anticipate returning to an office setting. What that looks like in the future is still to be determined but safety and flexibility will be prioritized.