Functional TypeScript Engineer
Boston, MA, US • Remote • Engineering
BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. After raising $10 million in our Series A fundraising in 2018, we have completed a $15 million Series B in May of 2021 that will further accelerate our team growth and product development. We have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture.
Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles that we’re looking to share with talented people.
At BondLink we recognize that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to developing and supporting an inclusive and safe workplace. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Who We Are
- A small but growing team of engineers using functional programming concepts to build a high quality and reliable product.
- 100% dedicated to TypeScript for everything that runs in the browser and even things that don't!
- TypeScript is even used for our command line build processes (gulpfiles, webpack configs, etc.) via ts-node.
- Steadfast proponents of the FP-TS and React ecosystems.
- Fanatical about writing software in such a way that the compiler will spot mistakes at compile time instead of discovering them at run time.
- In addition to leveraging the TypeScript and SCSS compilers / linters, we go so far as to write our own SASS / SCSS functions to fail at compilation time instead of simply returning "null" and discovering CSS issues at run time.
- Work hand in hand with our tech savvy design team to create truly living style guides with Storybook and our SCSS and React components.
Who You Are
- Familiar with the concepts above or eager to learn -- we are open and willing to teach strong candidates on the job.
- Take pride and satisfaction in seeing static designs come to life in the browser.
- Experience with TypeScript and/or other statically typed languages is highly preferred.
- 2+ years professional experience with HTML 5, CSS 3 and/or SCSS/SASS/LESS.
- Interest in working on a small team and being involved in technological decisions that shape the evolution of our product.
- No financial industry knowledge required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help municipalities (states, cities, towns, schools, universities, public housing, etc.) save money through technology. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Our founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country;
- In May of 2021, the company announced a $15 million Series B round of financing led by Intercontinental Exchange, parent company to 12 regulated exchanges and marketplaces including the New York Stock Exchange as well as six clearing houses worldwide;
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation time, and flexible working hours
- 16 Hours of annual personal volunteer time to give back at organizations you love
- Annual Learning Allowance to contribute to your professional development
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by BondLink with zero cost to the employee
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Stock Options
The Engineering, Product and Design teams are mostly remote at this point. We do have a very nice and spacious Boston, MA based office for people who are more comfortable working from an office setting but there is no requirement to be in office, even for local candidates. Local employees do sometimes gather in the city on Thursdays for camaraderie and team building.