Functional Scala Engineer, all levels
Boston, MA • Full-Time • Engineering
BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. We have recently raised a large Series A, we have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture.
Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles, and we have a beautiful new office in Fort Point that we’re looking to fill with talented people. We're looking for software developers of all experience levels to join our team.
Who We Are
We build the platform that powers investor outreach and transparency for some of the biggest Municipal Bond Issuers in the U.S., helping them optimize their borrowing costs so they can put their resources to better use for things like schools, parks, roads, and more. To give our Issuers the best advantage we can, you'll tackle new and interesting challenges every day, and you'll continually explore ways that we can shape our platform even better than we do today. We're looking for driven, enthusiastic people who value precision and thoroughness in their work, and want to help future-proof our excellent work/life balance by keeping our software reliably world-class as it continues to evolve.
About the role:
You'll join our back-end engineering team in leveraging advanced functional programming techniques to build resilient, rot-resistant software. Our software is currently written with Scala, scalaz, Free monad and Final Tagless architectures, structured functional logging and many other patterns. You may find this refreshingly familiar, or new and intriguing. In either case, we’ve refined an onboarding process to get you oriented with our current software quickly. For those looking to get started or move further into functional programming, many of our team have learned much of their FP skill-set here on the job, and we pride ourselves on being a supportive environment for learning and continued growth.
- We want working at BondLink to be engaging, so we keep up with advancements in the world of functional programming and adopt cutting-edge practices when it makes sense.
- We want working at BondLink to be collaborative, so we strive for objectivity and prioritize function over fashion in our support of each others work. Your contributions will be seen clearly and build your ownership in the platform.
- We want working at BondLink to be fun, so we cover the start-up essentials like office kegerators, catered lunches, and regular company outings.
Who You Are
- You like the idea of making software engineering feel like “real engineering” by leveraging formal approaches where possible to build guarantees into the code you ship.
- You care about continuous personal growth and learning as a software engineer.
- You take pride in your work, seek ownership of what you build, and you are enthusiastic to share your knowledge and growth with your teammates.
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help governments save money through technology.
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by BondLink with zero cost to employee.
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month.
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of Oreos in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport.