Front End Software Engineer
Boston, MA • Full-Time • Engineering
BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. We have recently raised a large Series A, we have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture.
Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles, and we have a beautiful new office in Fort Point that we’re looking to fill with talented people.
Who We Are
- We are a small but growing team of engineers using functional programming concepts to build a high quality and reliable product.
- We use many JS/CSS libraries from the NPM ecosystem but some of the most important to us are functional programming libraries such as Monet.js & Ramda.js as well as the traditional and ubiquitous jQuery & Bootstrap.
- On the backend, we use Scala, as well as functional libraries such as ScalaZ.
- Other technologies we work with include MariaDB, Redis, SOLR, SaltStack, Git, and Docker.
Who You Are
- Have an eye for detail and design.
- Take pride and satisfaction in seeing static designs come to life in the browser.
- Can work with both the server and client but lean more towards client side.
- Proficient with HTML5, CSS 3 and/or SCSS/SASS/LESS.
- Understand the differences between SVG, PNG, JPG and when to use which file format.
- Want to work with modern browsers. We only officially support the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and IE 11+.
- Familiar with the concepts above or eager to learn -- we are open and willing to teach strong candidates on the job.
- Interest in working on a small team and being involved in technological decisions that shape the evolution of our product.
- No financial industry knowledge required.
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help governments save money through technology. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by Bondlink with zero cost to employee.
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month.
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of Oreos in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport.