Vice President of Sales
Boston, MA • Full-Time • Sales
BondLink is a fast-growth, fintech company whose SaaS Platform provides public sector CFOs with a best in class Investor Relations solution to more efficiently access investors in the $4 trillion municipal bond market. Since going live in 2016, BondLink has been extending our reach across the country and across all municipal sectors. The growing family of clients we serve include the State of California, the University of Texas System, Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Ohio, State of Florida and the City of Chicago.
We have aggressive plans for continued growth. Following our recent Series A, we have been busy scaling our sales force and we are looking for an experienced sales leader to continue to scale a world class sales organization, execute on the strategy and direction and lead the sales team to exceed our growth targets.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading and executing our sales strategy to develop and close net new business within our target bond market accounts;
- Leading and continuing to build a winning sales team through hiring and inspiring team members, while also training and developing team members on sales process;
- Executing sales campaigns to net new business - driving strategies to close large strategic accounts and wins;
- Maintaining a personal presence and be a visible leader with the sales team through customer engagements;
- Monitoring and tracking sales team and individual performances, strengths and weakness, and clearly communicating evaluation and executing developmental steps when necessary;
- Coaching direct reports regarding key account strategies to drive closure and improve win rates;
- Tracking and analyzing sales activities to understand how to capitalize on market trends
- Working closely with marketing to drive top of the funnel leads and turn them into qualified opportunities; and
- Accurately forecasting, tracking and reporting revenue.
What You'll Bring:
- Innovative and results-oriented sales leadership with 5-8 years of B2B Saas sales experience as an individual contributor and 2-plus years in software sales leadership/management. Government, finance, business intelligence, analytics or accounting software industry experience is a plus;
- A proven track record of success hiring and building an elite sales team of hunters focused on new logo attainment;
- Proven experience developing teams that consistently hit targets in a high-growth environment;
- Customer focus and an excellent knowledge of sales processes and solution-selling strategies - driven by analytical and metrics through all stages of the sales cycle;
- Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the C level. Experience selling to government sector a plus;
- A highly motivated, competitive and passionate team-player mentality, driven to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to provide accurate forecasting and pipeline guidance;
- Exceptional communication and consultative skills to employ solutions-based selling;
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment with a demonstrated ability to drive net new business opportunities;
- A highly adaptable mindset, agile in adjusting to organizational change;
- Polished communications with excellent presentation skills; and
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or other related field.
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help governments save money. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink has experienced fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment and deep expertise in the municipal bond market.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan with significant upside opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by Bondlink with zero cost to employee.
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month.
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of Oreos in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport.